SPECIAL EDITION 2020 KIA STINGER GTS
2020 Kia Stinger GTS
Limited 800 Unit Production
In the Kia Stinger’s brief two year life-span, it has managed to established itself as a true competitor in the sport sedan segment with performance figures strong enough to embarrass its German rivals. Wanting to push the levels of performance and style even further, Kia’s team of engineers got back to work on their award-winning gran turismo. The result is the new, special-edition 2020 Stinger GTS, with Dynamic AWD technology.
The bright-orange, special-edition Stinger GTS punches up its on-road prowess with a newly developed dynamic all-wheel drive system (D-AWD). The D-AWD system has been tweaked to close the gap in behavior between the AWD-equipped and RWD-equipped Stinger GT.
- Mechanical limited slip rear differential is added to the D-AWD system
- Drive Mode Select amplifies rear-biased dynamics
- Comfort mode sends 60 percent of power to the rear for feeling of stability
- Sport mode sends 80 percent of power to the rear for more spirited driving
- Drift mode sends up to 100 percent of power to the rear wheels and holds gears without upshifting
- New Control Logic
- Slip Control and Counter Steer Detection
- Transmission Shift Pattern
2020 Kia Stinger GTS Highlights
Under the hood, the limited-run Stinger is equipped with a 3.3-liter V6 twin turbo engine; an engine that puts out 365 horsepower and 376 lb-ft of torque. Added performance isn’t the only thing worth noting about the limited edition Stinger. The limited edition fastback also includes:
- Headliner blanketed in premium suede-like Chamude®
- Steering wheel and center console swathed in Alcantara®
- Center Stinger emblem replaces the Kia logo on the trunk lid for more custom appearance
- GTS rear emblem
- Genuine carbon fiber parts that outline the signature tiger nose grille, side mirror caps and side vents
- Exclusive “Federation” premium orange paint color
- 720-watt Harman/Kardon6 premium audio system with QuantumLogic7 and Clari-Fi8 signal enhancing technology
- A standard wireless charger for compatible smartphones
- A standard sunroof
2020 Kia Stinger Release & Production
With all the enhanced features the Stinger GTS has to offer, you might think it’d be priced vastly higher than its non-limited counterpart; however, you’d be mistaken. The special edition Stinger GTS is expected to have an MSRP starting around $44,000 for RWD and around $46,500 for D-AWD.
With sport-inspired styling elements and a splashy new color that demands even more attention, the limited edition GTS is a true gran turismo enthusiasts will be lining up to drive. If you’d like to get behind the wheel of the Stinger GTS, you’ll have to act fast. Kia has committed to limiting the production of the GTS to just 800 units.
Ferguson Kia would love to bring the Stinger GTS to Oklahoma; however, we do not know (yet) if any of the 800 units will be allocated to our Broken Arrow dealership. If you live in the Greater Tulsa Metro, and you’re interested in the special edition Stinger GTS, contact a member of our Kia Specialist team.